Monday, October 27, 2014

Morning Workout: My Quick Face Routine

As a busy mom and wife I tend to always do my workouts in the morning. Morning workouts are great for waking up your body and boosting your metabolism! If your pressed for free time in the morning like me than this is a great quick face routine for your morning workout! According to Confessions of a Beauty Editor, doctors say that your face does not build up much dirt over night. Therefore, you do not need to spend much time prepping your skin in the morning (depending on skin type). These are the steps I take from when I roll out of bed, workout, and after my workout.

1. Wash face with warm water and a gentle cleanser, pat dry, moisturize  (I use Simple). 
2. At home workouts = Bare skin! Wearing no make-up allows my skin to breathe and doesn't clog my pores while I sweat! Outdoor or Gym workout = BB Cream with at least 15 SPF (I use 25 SPF). Again, minimal make-up is all you need for protection, although you can apply more if you are wanting to "dress to impress."
3. Gentle exfoliation! I always hear to be careful when it comes to exfoliating. Although this is true, a gentle exfoliating face wash is a good idea after a sweaty workout. Try one that also has nutrients so your not stripping away all the good stuff from your skin! I use Yes to Grapefruit and it is amazing! 
4. On-the-go make-up consists of: Rimmel London BB cream & a matte powder....then I add cream eye shadow and mascara if I have the time. I always feel fresh and clean with this skin routine! 

2 comments:

  1. I agree - skincare is of utmost importance! I am extremely picky about what I put on my skin - must be vegan (i.e. no carmine), 100% toxin free (no parabens, no sulfates, etc.) and think it is great you have a skincare regimen as part of your overall 'talking care of myself' routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What products do you use? I am always looking for new ones to try :) I believe in whole body health, so that means everything has to be considered! I drink Shakeology and it has really improved my skin, so I want to take care of it on the outside as well as on the inside!

      Delete