Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It's a Baking Kind of Day

I bought a can of organic pumpkin mix a couple weeks ago and decided today was the perfect day to wipe something up!! I love when I get in the mood to bake because it serves as a huge stress reliever! Baby is napping, Mumford & Sons is playing, and mommy is baking!! This is a great recipe that I found for Chai pumpkin bread. I was so excited to make this because I have never used tea in bread. All I can say is that it smells amazing! I had to make a few adjustments based on what I had available at home (too lazy to go to the store today). I am reposting the recipe here as well as providing the link for you!

Click here for link: Chai Pumpkin Bread 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup almond butter (or other nut butter or seed butter)
  • ½ cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 banana, mashed (I used applesauce)
  • ¼ cup honey (optional- I like it sweeter, I also added 1/4 cup of Coconut Sugar).
  • 2 eggs, whisked
  • 2 chai tea packets (tea spices removed from packets) ( I used black tea with orange & spices).
  • 3 tablespoons coconut flour
  • ½ tablespoon cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon nutmeg
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix together almond butter, pumpkin, banana, and eggs.
  3. Cut open the two tea bags and remove all the tea spices from the tea bags and add to almond butter mixture.
  4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
  5. Grease a bread pan and then line it with parchment paper.
  6. Pour batter in pan and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Let rest before slicing.



2 comments:

  1. I have never used coconut flour, but I'm really wanting to try it! Your bread looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You have to try it! Sometimes I mix mine with a little whole wheat flour or almond meal depending on the recipe!

      Delete