Thursday, October 30, 2014

Playground Workout

Who says you little one is the only one who can play at the park? Sometimes I don't have time to do a full workout in the morning, so when I take my son to the park I try to take full advantage! I always try to get in at least 2 miles of walking, whether it is to the park and home or just walking around the park  (my son just loves to run).
A few great workout moves you can do at the park include:
1) Lunges
2) Squats
3) Triceps dips
4) Dead lifts
5) Push ups
6) Leg raises (use a bench)

Sometimes I even put him on my shoulders to do some of these moves too! A little extra weight can't hurt ; )

What are your tricks for fitting in a workout with an active toddler?

2 comments:

  1. Dh and I love playground workouts, we'll even stop there on our runs without the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Sometimes I do like to run up and down and climb to warm up my body!!

    ReplyDelete